START TREATMENT WITH A CONSULTATION
LONG ISLAND SEX THERAPIST: Looking for an experienced Long Island sex therapist who can help you understand and correct sexual issues or dysfunction? Lisa Lempel-Sander at Long Island Counseling has been working with individuals and couples—both same sex and heterosexual couples—for over 20 years, treating sexual dysfunction and improving the overall sexual and erotic lives of her patients.
CONSULTATIONS ARE IMPORTANT: Sex therapy begins with a consultation. You’re strongly urged to consider setting up a one-time consultation with any Long Island sex therapist with whom you are interested in working. The value of a consultation can’t be understated. Here are some considerations:
- A consultation is a one-time or two-time engagement without commitment
- A consultation gives you perspective on a variety of practitioners
- A consultation protects you from making a pre-mature commitment
- A consultation clarifies the goals of treatment if you decide to proceed
YOUR COMFORT IS IMPORTANT: When sex therapy is needed, nothing can progress unless you feel comfortable. A good sex therapist is skilled in discussing difficult issues related to sexual functioning, fantasy and sexual practice, and she’s also skilled in helping you to relax and to develop trust in the professional or clinical environment. However, you are unique, and there are subtle differences among practitioners that can make the difference for you. Any good Long Island sex therapist should agree to a consultation before you agree to pursue treatment.
BRING YOUR QUESTIONS: As with any consultation, your questions are a big part of the process. Bring them with you. Here are some questions you might want to consider:
- What can I expect from this treatment?
- What’s involved in my treatment?
- Do I need a partner for treatment?
- How long will my treatment take?
- What will it cost?
- Can we also work on my sexual relationships?
- Will “Sex Therapy” show up on my insurance claim?
- What is psychosexual therapy?